All Are Welcome
AMA Colorado is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage everyone who is interested in the marketing field to connect and get involved in our organization. There are a wide range of opportunities to volunteer, share ideas and connect with other's in our community!
We Took The Pledge
We believe marketing has the power to make a difference. As innovators, strategizers, ambassadors and storytellers, we shape narratives that communicate value, create meaning, and establish societal norms.
As chapter leaders in the AMA, we recognize that there is inequity in our marketing community and organization and that we can do more to address these gaps. Our inaction and silence in the past have resulted in hurt, exclusion, and harm in ways that we cannot measure, but we are committed to rectifying this and ensuring that our efforts are sustainable and far-reaching.
Together, we will use the power of our collective voices to outline the roles marketers can play in standing for and delivering on inclusion; the ideals, values, and principles that promote equality, respect, and unity.
- We commit to recruiting and retaining BIPOC representation within our board of directors, leadership teams, volunteers, and membership.
- We commit to increasing BIPOC representation throughout our products and services, though leadership, campaigns, programming, and distribution networks.
- We commit to building a pipeline of marketers that reflect the demographics of the populations we serve.
- We commit to partnering with organizations that value diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- We commit to further educating ourselves as to the plight of racial injustice and will use our platform to facilitate courageous conversations that promote anti-bias and anti-racism within the marketing community.
Connect With Our Director of DEI
Want to learn more or have an idea for how we can achieve our DEI pledge? Let's chat.
DEI Marketing Resources
How to Hire for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
A workforce that better represents society is key to sustained innovation and understanding a vast array of consumers.
On-Demand: Decoding DEI for Marketers
Focused on prioritizing diversity, equity and inclusion. You will find the recording, presentation deck and additional resources provided by the instructor for ongoing learning from our virtual training.
COVID-19, Race and the Marketplace
A conversation on the overlooked role of race in the marketplace, particularly in light of the COVID-19 pandemic
Putting Action Behind Social Justice Hashtags
Brands haven’t hesitated to show support for those protesting police brutality against Black Americans—but consumers are calling out companies that post a few words to social media without correcting inequalities within their own organizations.
On-Demand: The DEI Imperative
Let’s continue prioritizing diversity, equity and inclusion. Below, you will find the recording, presentation deck and additional resources provided by the instructor for ongoing learning.
MCI Tracks Corporate America's Early Response to BLM
Forty-one percent of marketing leaders indicate that “no actions were taken” by their organizations in response to the Black Lives Matter protests.